Elm Park I & II, Forest Grove
2350 and 2351 Elm St.
Forest Grove, OR 97116
| Click thumbnails to view larger:|
Elm Park Apartments was HDC’s first development project. This farmworker housing community was built only after hard-fought political battles to overcome local NIMBY opposition to the proposal. Ultimately, a narrowly-passed local referendum that barred affordable housing in the city’s boundaries was overcome by new state law that continues to protect affordable housing to this day. Residents can walk to the city library, parks and pool, as well as groceries and other services. In 2008, we began to replace the siding on the exterior of the buildings.
- 62 apartments built in 1984 and 1988
28 - 2 bedroom
28 - 3 bedroom
4 - 4 bedroom
- Includes 10 seasonal units for migrant workers
- Site is approximately 6 acres
- Development costs: $2.1 million ($33,871 per unit).
- Residents must qualify as to income (40% or less of area median family income) and one member of household must be employed in agriculture. USDA rent subsidies available for lowest-income residents. Rent must not exceed 30% of household income for subsidized tenants.
- Average occupancy rate = 99-100%
- Amenities: Playground, laundry, community gardens.
- Financing: Rural Development, USDA
- Manager: Lucy Ojeda Phone #: 503.359.4532
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin.