Ways to Help
With your support, Bienestar can assist more working families to achieve their dreams.
How Your Support Helps
Bienestar offers programs and services onsite that help our residents get the tools and resources to move toward self-sufficiency. Your donation makes it possible for us to offer a wide range of resident services activities including:
- Homework Clubs for school-aged children
- English-as-a-Second Language classes (ESL)
- Science Club for grades K-6
- Computer classes for adults
- Community gardens for 62 families
- GED classes for adults
- Financial Literacy Classes
- Emergency Cash Assistance Program
- Explorador Camp
- Promotores Program - Peer to peer support in the areas of health care, education, employment and housing
- Summer Lunch & Fun
Your contribution helps working families who provide essential labor in our community. We hope that you will consider making an investment with us of your worldly goods, your time or your talents.
Why You Should Donate to Bienestar
- 31 years of service to the community
- Track record of success in the development of 11 housing properties that provide 487 affordable apartments and housing for 2,200 people
- Holistic approach to poverty: housing, health, job training and education
- 100% Board & Staff giving
- Awards from Governor, U.S. Dept. of Labor, OHCS) USDA, Oregon Opportunity Network - proven results
- Measurable, accountable outcomes
- You can see the direct impact of your investments
- .95 cents of every dollar goes to programs
Donate Worldly Goods:
- Make a convenient, secure online donation
- Send your contribution by check payable to Bienestar and send it to Bienestar, Suite A-100, 220 SE 12th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97123
- Designate your United Way contribution to Bienestar
- Make a pledge for regular credit card payments; call Jorge Tello at 503.693.2937, Ext. 100 to find out how.
- To donate appreciated stock or a gift of property, contact Karen Shawcross at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information about planned giving, contact Karen Shawcross at 503.693.2937, Ext. 104.
- Invite Bienestar staff to speak at your workplace giving campaign or community group: contact Karen Shawcross at 503.693.2937, Ext. 104 or email@example.com.
Contribute Time and Talents:
- Lead a community service project with your corporate team or service club, contact Elena Barreto, firstname.lastname@example.org or 503.693.2937, Ext. 109.
- Volunteer to work with children or adults; contact Elena Barreto email@example.com or 503.693.2937, Ext. 109.
- Consider serving on one of our Advisory Boards (Promotores, Financial Literacy) or on our Board of Directors. Contact Karen Shawcross at 503.693.2937, Ext. 104 or Gracie Garcia at 503.693.2937, Ext. 101.
- Pro bono professional services for our residents
In-Kind Donations Needed:
- Art supplies for Art Club & Mural projects
- Educational materials for Homework Clubs (books, puzzles, school supplies, etc.)
- Computers for computer labs
- Plants for landscaping properties and/or vegetable seedlings for our community gardens
- Hoses, rakes, shovels, hoes for community gardeners
- Youth sized basketballs for Basketball Club
- Computer software for our computer labs
- Board books & educational toys for babies and toddlers