Housing Development Corporation changed its name to Bienestar as it entered its 27th year of service to the community. Bienestar means well-being and was chosen to represent Bienestarís deep commitment to the well-being of families and community.
We believe in the resilience and capacity of all human beings to help, change, adapt and lead in their own lives, their families, neighborhoods and communities.
We pursue our mission through:
- Quality, affordable housing located close to community services and mass transit
- Resident services programs that integrates housing, health, education and skill development.
- Leadership development that promotes neighborhood participation, personal growth, appreciation of diversity, and human rights.
- Sustainable building practices and energy conservation.
- Promotores Program, an adult workforce training program to develop community leadership by training resident peer leaders in outreach and professional development.
- Adult Programs: Our Seeds for Success Program provides tools and resources to promote self sufficiency.
- Youth Programs: Our Listos para la Vida/ Ready for Life programs are dedicated to promote academic success and build development..
Bienestar leverages its scarce resources for these programs and services through partnerships. View a list of our funders and find out more about how you can help.
Partners support Bienestar's mission in a variety of ways, including contributions of time, talent and resources. View a list of our partners and find out more about how you can help.
View PowerPoint Presentation with more details